Casino Dealer 1 - American Roulette
Staff training and Development
NQF LEVEL :
Unit Standard (s): Handle casino chips Deal American Roulette Manage the float in a gaming environment Comply with security procedures for dealers
ON-JOB VALIDATION : 8 Weeks
CONTACT TRAINING: 30 Days
ACCREDITATION : CATHSSETA
PROGRAMME TYPE : Short Course
Unit Standard (s):
Handle casino chips
Deal American Roulette
Manage the float in a gaming environment
Comply with security procedures for dealers
By the end of this skills programme and portfolio of evidence you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the basic chip handling skills required of a dealer in a casino.
- Explain why and what mandatory announcements are made.
- Demonstrate the whole dealing cycle on a game of American roulette.
- Demonstrate the table awareness required during the game of roulette.
- Explain why float management is required.
- Demonstrate the use of a float effectively during payouts.
- Explain why you must be aware of the gaming board rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate dealing a game of roulette to customers whilst implementing the gaming board rules and regulations.
- Thirty days Classroom
- One day formative assessment and coaching
- One day summative assessment